September 2, 2016
Cod ceviche with mango and avocado
- Recipe for 4 people
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 4 cod fillets (or other white fish)
- 4 limes
- ½ orange
- Olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 2 green chillies
- ½ onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- Fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Wheat tortillas
- Espelette chili
- Fennel seeds
The fish marinade:
- Make lime and orange zests with a grater.
- Cut the fish into thin fillets, like a carpaccio.
- Cut, deseed and chop the green chilies.
- In a plate, place the fish fillets. Add the salt.
- Add the Espelette chili and spread the chopped green chili over the fish.
- Pour the lime juice and orange juice. Finish with olive oil.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and leave to marinate in a fridge for about 6 hours.
Preparting the ingredients:
- Peel the mango and cut it into thin slices.
- Peel the avocado and cut it into slices.
- Using a small round cookie cutter, make mango, avocado and tortilla rounds.
- On the tortilla rounds, drop a little olive oil and sprinkle Espelette chili and paprika. Spread it all with the back of a spoon or your finger.
- Arrange the tortilla rounds on a baking sheet and bake at 180 ° C (350 F) for 6 minutes.
- Make an incision in the form of a cross at the ends of the tomato using a knife.
- Blanching the tomato for easy peel: plunge the tomato into a pot of boiling water, the cross visible. Remove the tomato after 10 seconds. Then peel the tomato.
- Cut the tomato into quarters and remove the seeds. Make rounds with the circular cookie cutter.
The onion marinade:
- Peel and cut the onion into strips.
- In a bowl or deep plate, place the slices and add the juices from the fish marinade.
- In a large plate, arrange the different rounds, alternating with marinated fish rounds.
- Add the crushed fennel seeds and pickled onions. Add salt.
- Pour the juice from the fish marinade.
- Finalize the dressage by adding fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves.
Serve with a glass of Sweet Bordeaux: Cadillac or Sauternes.