June 1, 2016
Strawberry and Krisprolls crumble, with basil sponge cake
- Recipe for 4 people
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 30 minutes
- 500g (1.1 lb) strawberries
- 6 golden Krisprolls
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 125g (0.275 lb) flour
- 125g (0.275 lb) butter
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 225g (0.5 lb) milk
- 50g (0.11 lb) ground almonds
- 50g (0.11 lb) cream
- 2 eggs
The lime syrup
- Make lemon and lime zests with a grater.
- Mix them with water in a saucepan and blanch.
- Empty the water and keep the blanched zest only.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, water and lime juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 20 minutes, until the zest is translucent.
- Keep the syrup aside.
The strawberry marinade
- Cut strawberries into pieces.
- Chop the basil.
- In a shallow dish, arrange the pieces of strawberries. Add olive oil, honey, lime juice, previously prepared lemon syrup and chopped basil.
- Mix well.
- Allow to stand.
The Krisprolls crumble
- In a bowl, crush the Krisprolls. Add 15g (0.03 lb) flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, butter. Mix it into a dough.
- Spread the dough on a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 225 ° C (430 F) for 7 minutes.
The sponge cake with basil
- In a bowl, add sugar, milk, cream, almond powder, flour, eggs and basil. Mix.
- Pour into a plastic cup.
- Place the cup 30 seconds in the microwave at 900W.
- Once compact, take the sponge cake out.
- In a ramekin or a Cognac glass, place the strawberry marinade at the bottom.
- Add the Krisprolls crumble.
- Finally, put the sponge cake on top.
Serve with a glass of Sweet Bordeaux: Cadillac or Barsac.