November 2, 2016
Spicy Chinese noodles with lime marinated shrimps
- Recipe for 2 people
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- 200g (0.45 lbs) Chinese noodles
- 10 fresh and peeled shrimps
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 lime
- Fresh ginger
- 1 green pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves
- Smoked paprika
- Espelette chilli
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a bowl, place the peeled shrimps.
- Pour 5 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, salt and 2 or 3 pinches of Espelette chilli. Mix well.
- Keep in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes.
Preparation of the vegetables
- Peel the cucumber and carrot. Cut into ribbons using the peeler.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Cut the red pepper and green pepper in half, remove seeds and chop finely.
- Wash and chop the basil leaves.
Cooking the noodles and dressing
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Dip the noodles in boiling water and cook for the time indicated on the package.
- Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water. Keep aside.
- In a hot pan, place the marinated shrimps and the marinade.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the cooked noodles and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Transfer the carrot ribbons and cucumber over the noodles.
- Add the sliced green pepper and red pepper, the grated ginger and finally the chopped basil.
- Mix well in the pan.
- Serve in soup bowls or plates. Add small coriander leaves to complete the dressing. Serve hot with chopsticks!
Serve with a glass of Sweet Bordeaux: Barsac or Sainte-Croix-du-Mont.