March 1, 2016
Recipe for Thanksgiving turkey stuffing
- Difficulty: 2/5
The stuffing is what makes all the difference between a Thanksgiving turkey and The Thanksgiving turkey. To make sure you have an unforgettable celebration, here is recipe for stuffing of an American mother who moved to Bordeaux. Have it with a glass of Sweet Bordeaux. The aromatic sweetness of the wine will marry perfectly with the tasty, tender white meat.
Start the preparation the day before.
- 175 g (6 oz) butter
- 1 large ball of whole meal or white bread
- 2 large onions – peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 celery branches – peeled and cut into small pieces
- Dried Herbs: thyme, sage, marjoram – 1 teaspoon of each.
- A bunch of parsley – chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the bread into small cubes and leave to air for a day.
- The following day, melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Sauté the celery for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the onion and cook until everything is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add the onion and celery mixt, including butter in which they cooked-in. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff the turkey.Note: Depending on the size of the turkey, you will have increase or decrease the amount of stuffing.