March 14, 2016
Honey Soda bread
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 40 minutes
- Difficulty: 2/5
- 1 sprig of rosemary, plucked
- 200g whole wheat flour
- 280g sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 30 cl milk
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (thermostat 6/7).
- In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, sifted flour, baking soda, salt and plucked rosemary.
- Add the milk and honey. Mix until a smooth paste.
- Add some flour to your work surface and knead the dough until it is smooth. Use the flour to form elongated bread. You can give it another form if you wish.
- When the dough no longer drops, the bread is ready to be cooked.
- On a baking tray lightly coated with flour, place the bread and draw three large crosses on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Once golden brown, remove the bread from the oven. Wait a few minutes before slicing. You can also keep it in a dry place, wrapped in a cloth.
- Serve with soft butter and a glass of Sweet Bordeaux: Premières Côtes de Bordeaux or Bordeaux Supérieur.
Note: You can replace rosemary with a spice or dried fruit (dried raisins, fig …).