October 4, 2017
Caesar Salad with Breaded Chicken and Roquefort Cheese
- Recipe for 4 people
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 piece of Roquefort
- 1 shallot
- 3 bread slices
- 4 rusk biscuits
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 piece of Parmesan
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Espelette chili
- Filo pastry sheets
- 2 eggs
The chicken marinade
- Slice the chicken breasts and place in a bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice over. Mix well.
- Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, break up the rusks into crumbs.
- Add the Espelette chili or a spice of your choice.
- Mix well.
The breaded chicken breasts
- In a bowl, add 2 egg whites and the marinated chicken breasts. Mix.
- In a plate, spread the breadcrumbs and then place the egg white coated chicken breasts. Roll in bread crumbs until covered completely.
- In a hot pan, place some butter.
- Add the breaded chicken breasts. Fry for 8 to 10 minutes, making sure to turn them from time to time. Keep them aside.
- In a bowl, pour the cream, mustard and lemon juice.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
Preparing the salad
- Cut a strip of the filo pastry and soak it in melted butter.
- Wrap the filo pastry sheet around a pastry ring.
- Bake at 190 °C (370 F) for 6 minutes.
- Make the croutons: cut the bread slices into cubes, taking care to remove the edges beforehand. Toast them in an oven (or grill) at 200 ° C (390 F) for 3 minutes.
- Grate the Parmesan.
- Chop the shallot.
- Cut small pieces of Roquefort.
- Cut the romaine lettuce into four.
- In a bowl, add the salad leaves, minced shallot, Parmesan shavings and pieces of Roquefort. Pour the sauce. Mix well.
- On a slate, or a plate, place the filo pastry circle. Inside, place the salad (mixture produced above) and breaded chicken breasts harmoniously.
Serve with a glass of Sweet Bordeaux: Cadillac or Sauternes.