September 21, 2016
Brussels Bodding Sweet recipe
- Recipe for 8 to 10 people
While Sweet Bordeaux winemakers participated in the 2016 event eat! Brussels, drink! Bordeaux in Belgium, here is the recipe for Bodding. It is a real institution in Brussels, a sweet and fruity Bordeaux wine version, served as a dessert.
For 8 to 10 people
- 1 kg of stale bread (or brioche)
- 5 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Milk and water
- 4 eggs
- 50 g (1.7 oz) of butter
- 250 g (8.8 oz) of dried fruit (raisins, apricots) marinated in Bordeaux sweet white wine
- Marinate the dried fruit in the wine for two hours.
- Tear the bread or brioche into small pieces. Sprinkle a mixture of warm milk and warm water until the preparation is thoroughly wet (but not excessively). Soak for two hours. Sift to drain (it must stay spongy).
- Break the eggs in a bowl, mix the two sugars.
- Pour over the bread, add the marinated dried fruit and mix well.
- Place everything in a buttered dish. Place it in the oven for 1h10 at 120 ° C (250 F).
- Leave to cool and serve with a glass of sweet, fruity wine from Bordeaux.