November 30, 2016
Biryani rice and chicken with spicy flavours
- Recipe for 2 people
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 chicken thighs
- 200g (0.45 lbs) basmati rice
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes (400g, 0.9 lbs))
- 2 onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 yogurt
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Cashew nuts
Preparation of basmati rice
- In a salad bowl, add the rice and a large amount of cold water.
- Rinse the rice by draining and adding new water. Repeat it several times until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan, cook the rice in boiling water for 6 minutes. Drain.
- Place the cooked rice in a dish and keep it in a refrigerator.
Preparation of the ingredients
- Coarsely chop the onions.
- Peel and finely cut the ginger into a julienne.
- Remove the skin from the chicken legs.
Cooking the ingredients
- In a pot, cook on low heat: the olive oil, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cardamom seeds recovered from the pods and minced ginger.
- Add the chopped onions and salt. Stir and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and peeled tomatoes.
- Add the cumin and turmeric and yogurt.
- Finally, place the chicken thighs.
- Mix everything, cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Finally, add the rice and lemon juice into the pan. Mix and bake for 5 minutes, covered.
- In a plate, arrange small rice rolls soaked in the mixture, using a circle ( or cookie cutter).
- Place small slices of tomatoes on the rolls.
- Add the chicken pieces with some sauce, cashew nuts, onion slices and small drops of concentrated tomato.
- Sprinkle spices to your liking: turmeric for example.
Serve with a glass of Sweet Bordeaux: Loupiac or Barsac.