August 31 to September 3, 2017
Bordeaux fête le vin à Québec 2017 !
From August 31 to September 3, 2017, the “Bordeaux Wine Festival in Quebec City” event made its big comeback at Espace 400e for the pleasure of epicureans.
In addition to the opportunity to discover our wines and their appellations, various activities were on the program such as : “The flavours of Quebec” , “training workshops” , “gourmet events” etc …
Visitors could purchase a tasting passport at a cost of $ 40.
The passport gave the right to:
- A set of tastings with a wine glass and its carrying bag
- 6 tastings of 50 ml (1 tasting per pavilion)
- 2 favorite tastings of 50 ml valid in the 6 tasting pavilions and that of the SAQ
- The opportunity to purchase additional tastings
- 1 workshop at the wine school “Ameublements Tanguay »
- 1 participation in the Groupe Voyages Québec contest
- 1 entry to the Vino-Bordo-Resto contest
- 1 RTC card including 2 free tickets (ideal for accessing the event easily)
- 1 free copy of the magazine Exquis
Different workshops were proposed by « L’école du Vin”.
During 3 days the participants could take part in the exclusive Master Classes on the following subjects:
- “Grands Crus Classés in 1855”
- “Crus Classés de Graves”
- “Saint-Émilion Grands Crus Classés »
This event is generally a success for Bordeaux.
Last year “30% of the wines were sold to the SAQ and 1 bottle out of 5 was a Bordeaux wine”, according to Martin Lévesque, sales manager of the SAQ for Eastern Québec.
Moreover, this tasting open to the public was free so that everyone could also participate in the party a glass in hand !